When you need to ship items cross-country, you may feel like you’re in over your head. With all of the cross-country moving options out there, finding the best way to move across the country can be confusing and overwhelming. It can be difficult to find a solution that fits your needs and your budget. This is especially true when you have to ship items infrequently enough. Contacting a shipping company on a recurring basis doesn’t make sense financially. When you choose to work with GoShip.com, however, we make cross-country shipping as easy and convenient for you as moving something across town.
Our cross-country moving services will ship your items across the country easily and affordable. Our longstanding relationships with the best less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers in North America mean that we can find the proper solution for your shipping needs. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to the LTL shipping industry. You won’t have to worry about anything when you choose GoShip.com.
What You Need to Know About Cross-Country Shipping
- How long should I expect the move to take? A typical cross-country move should take less than a week. Generally, it takes between three and five business days, depending on how far your destination is. It’s good to also understand unforeseen circumstances such as holiday or weather delays.
- How much will cross-country shipping cost? The cost of your cross-country move will depend on the size of your shipment, the weight of your shipment, the distance traveled and whether you need any additional services. We can provide you with a free quote through our easy-to-use website.
Tips for Cross-Country Shipping
GoShip.com’s advanced technology and strong partnerships allow us to the worry out of cross-country shipping. However, there are some simple details you should remember to make your experience even easier. For example:
- Be accurate: When you provide us with the most accurate information about the dimensions and weight of your packages, we’ll be able to select the shipping options that work best for you. We’ll also be able to help you avoid delays and unexpected cost increases that can occur when information about the shipment isn’t accurate.
- Pack properly: Choosing the correct container and packing materials are vital for ensuring your items arrive safely and undamaged. It’s also important to practice proper packaging procedures such as minimizing empty space inside cartons, providing adequate cushioning inside containers, and distributing weight evenly on a pallet.
- Label everything: To help eliminate confusion during shipping, always check that each of your packages or items is properly labeled. That means removing any old labels on cartons you’re re-using and packing duplicate labels inside the packages for more protection against confusion.
- Details matter: There’s no such thing as too much information when it comes to giving us instructions for your move. Be sure to provide us with exact addresses for the origin and destination of your items, as well as any special instructions and contact information. Don’t forget to present your GoShip.com Bill of Lading to your driver to ensure accurate billing an online delivery.
Book Your Shipment Today!
Shipping items cross-country doesn’t have to be stressful. With GoShip.com on your side, you can rest easy knowing you’re in the hands of experienced professionals with strong connections to the LTL shipping industry. Reach out to us today through our easy-to-use website to get your Free Quote and get the process started.